Yamato Girls (and Guys) by Megahouse

Place to discuss merchandise, including Audiovisual media, toys/models, and publications.

• Tim Eldred wrote:See my post on the FB page from Tuesday. Prototype pictured there.

Thanks, Tim! I need to check the FB page more often. The figure looks good!
    JohnStanowski
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

• Any PVC experts here? Just looked at photos of the Misaki statue and she's leaning backward at an extreme angle, no doubt putting a lot of stress on the tiny base peg inserted into her foot. Do PVC statues start to bend over time? Or get soft in the summer like vinyls do?
    JohnStanowski

• JohnStanowski wrote:Any PVC experts here? Just looked at photos of the Misaki statue and she's leaning backward at an extreme angle, no doubt putting a lot of stress on the tiny base peg inserted into her foot. Do PVC statues start to bend over time? Or get soft in the summer like vinyls do?

I think it depends on the quality of PVC used, but yes, there is a risk of it bending over time.

Alot will depend on how well they engineer the balance. I've long been impressed by the ability of Japanese figure makers to figure that stuff out.

Depending on your skill, it may be worth looking to see if there's enough space in the foot to drill into the peg and stiffen it with a piece of piano wire. Otherwise consider some kind of aftermarket stand that holds the figure by the waist
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

• Steve H wrote:Alot will depend on how well they engineer the balance. I've long been impressed by the ability of Japanese figure makers to figure that stuff out.

I don't see how the Misaki figure has much balance at all. I'm worried that the peg will be all that's holding her up. Look at this:

JohnStanowski

• As I mentioned in the Facebook post, leaning shouldn't be a problem. The leg is likely made out of ABS plastic. For example, here is a figure that might be worse in terms of angle, but has no leaning problems. Unless the figure is getting bumped or shaken constantly, the peg should be fine.

Here's a good primer regarding figures, with a section at the end covering leaning: http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/3345
    parttimewarrior
    Cadet

• parttimewarrior wrote:Here's a good primer regarding figures, with a section at the end covering leaning: http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/3345

Thanks, that was a great article. I didn't know ABS would break before bending. Good to know as I have the Girls up pretty high right now.

Misaki just came in the mail today. I thought I wouldn't be as annoyed at her goofy, anime girl pose when I got her in person, but I still am. I know she's in character but I wish the figure was a little more reserved. I'm not into the sexy, hentai figure scene and am looking more for figures to represent 2199 properly in my collection. I guess I'll get used to it and it won't look as bad when more figures arrive, esp. the Yamato Guys.

Also not diggin' these fruity colors for the bases. So far I have vibrant red, blue and now lime green bases. Wish they were black and gray. I wonder if I can paint them.
    JohnStanowski

• I just got Melda Dietz today... just a heads up, the Helmet Stand was taped to the bottom of the accessories insert, it didn't have a specific slot in the accessories tray for it. I almost missed it.
    Series5Ranger
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Previous

Return to Quartermaster's

Information