What happened to the classic character names?

Home of the FAQ. Got a question? See if it's answered here first. If not, Ask Analyzer!

• My ignorance of Seiyuu names is the stuff of legend, so I have to go by chara and show, sorry.

See, to my ears, I'm pretty darn sure I'm hearing the entire Lupin III cast as the Pythons, with 'Zenigata' as John Cleese in particular blowing my mind.

Your mileage may vary. :)
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

• Steve H wrote:My ignorance of Seiyuu names is the stuff of legend, so I have to go by chara and show, sorry.

See, to my ears, I'm pretty darn sure I'm hearing the entire Lupin III cast as the Pythons, with 'Zenigata' as John Cleese in particular blowing my mind.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Sorry, but since I've not seen any Lupin III and this is a Yamato forum, I had no idea who you were talking about. I assumed you were talking about someone relevant to this site.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

• ACTUALLY... *ahem* Inspector Zenigata's voice actor is the late Goro Naya, who among many memorable characters, provided the original voice of Captain Juzo Okita for a little 1974 series entitled... Oh, never mind. :mrgreen:
    August Ragone
    Crewperson 1st Class

• August Ragone wrote:ACTUALLY... *ahem* Inspector Zenigata's voice actor is the late Goro Naya, who among many memorable characters, provided the original voice of Captain Juzo Okita for a little 1974 series entitled... Oh, never mind. :mrgreen:

Oh great... now I have this mental image of Captain Zenigata chasing Lupin III around in the Yamato... ^^;;

Which is about as surreal as Dave Merrill's take on him in the Cornpone Flicks parody dub Star Dipwads II - The Metal Years

"I can destroy you easily with my mind, you know!"

I may have very strange dreams tonight. >.>
    Logan
    Cadet

• Goro Naya (Captain Okita and Zenigatta) also dubbed John Cleese in Monty Python. I believe two other Yamato actors worked on it also. Get the details in the cast interviews in The Yamato Decade.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

• Now the connection between Zenigata and John Cleese (The Black Knight) I actually was aware of. Just didn't know he was also the VA for Okita.

Also - I believe if I'm not mistaken that the VA from Lupin III voiced Graham Chapman's part(s).
    Logan
    Cadet

Previous

Return to Third Bridge

Information