Report In

Home of the FAQ. Got a question? See if it's answered here first. If not, Ask Analyzer!
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 pm

• Hi everyone, my name is Thomas, I am a fan of the Star Blazers series, a friend of mine got me into it in 2011, for my other interests, see my about page.
    megarock58
    Cadet

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 am

• BruceLewis wrote:Bruce Lewis here, first-gen (1979) STAR BLAZERS fan, comics artist, and designer. Actually I was a fan before that -- c. 1975-1980 my aunt, who is Japanese, used to bring back loads of Leijimanga, candy, and toys, so I grew up with it. I still think STAR BLAZERS/YAMATO is the best SF anime ever made.

Tim, John Ott, and I produced the STAR BLAZERS comic book back in the olden days. That was fun.

My most important job is husband and father.

I still draw, but I am semi-retired now and concentrate more on creating books. You can find my bestselling (no, really!) book DRAW MANGA on Amazon:

English-language version: http://www.amazon.com/Draw-Manga-Your-Unique-Style/dp/1843401886
    Chinese-language version: http://amzn.to/1fiym9s

Nine years old and still in print!

I also design book covers, logos, etc. on the side.

My other career is as a vocal performance artist. I have done voices for about a million anime dubs (you can look me up on IMDB or ANN if you are curious about which ones). I am also a former Top 40 radio DJ, and I still do radio spots, PSA, and other VO from time to time.

My current project is my first children's storybook, FAMILY TO THE MOON. I'll finish it by summer if it kills me.

Welcome, Bruce. Good to have you aboard. Your name sounds familiar, didn't you work on some Robotech comics as well (maybe with Tim)?
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 am

• I drew "Invid War" and Bruce wrote and drew "Invid War Aftermath." That's a whole other forum's worth of conversation.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:46 am

• from robotech?
    Philbob
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:18 am

• Philbob wrote:from robotech?

Invid War and Invid War Aftermath are Robotech comics. so yes.
    megarock58
    Cadet

Previous

Return to Third Bridge

Information