Report In

Home of the FAQ. Got a question? See if it's answered here first. If not, Ask Analyzer!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:53 am

• All new crew members, welcome aboard. Please take the time to introduce yourself around the community.
    Admin
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am

• Hello, my name is Nick and I live in the Netherlands. I became a fan of Yamato late last year and fell in love with it from the beginning seeing as I needed an alternative after Stargate. I've watched everything and am up to speed.

I'm an aspiring 3D artist and big fans of Stargate and Star Wars aside from Yamato.
    Andromeda92
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am

• Andromeda92 wrote:Hello, my name is Nick and I live in the Netherlands. I became a fan of Yamato late last year and fell in love with it from the beginning seeing as I needed an alternative after Stargate. I've watched everything and am up to speed.

I'm an aspiring 3D artist and big fans of Stargate and Star Wars aside from Yamato.

Welcome aboard, Nick! I'm Dan, one of the system administrators for the site and the forums. Did you start by watching 2199 or did you start with the original series first? I'm guessing you're familiar with the latter considering your handle and the artwork of the Andromeda you mentioned over in the art forum.

If you have any questions or need help, feel free to drop me a line.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 am

• DanGeorge wrote:Welcome aboard, Nick! I'm Dan, one of the system administrators for the site and the forums. Did you start by watching 2199 or did you start with the original series first? I'm guessing you're familiar with the latter considering your handle and the artwork of the Andromeda you mentioned over in the art forum.

If you have any questions or need help, feel free to drop me a line.

Yes, I have seen the original series first since I wanted to wait after 2199 was finished, but I finished it some time ago since I liked it so much. And I'm very proud to be part of this fanbase, even though I have only been part of it for a very short time.
    Andromeda92
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 am

• And to that end, I should introduce myself.

I'm Dan, a longtime Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato fan from Brisbane, Australia. I first saw Star Blazers way back when it first aired on Australian TV in 1982/83 (can't remember the date specifically - a news story someone linked me to from a Sydney newspaper said it was 83 but my mind seems to think it was earlier than that).

I was one of those guys from the CosmoDNA Facebook community who put their hands up to go see the final instalment of 2199 on opening day in Tokyo in August 2013. I ended up spending two fantastic weeks in Japan and fell in love with the place. You can see the first instalments of my Yamatour 2013 travelogue, which cover three days of seeing the sights of Kyoto, starting here. The rest of my trip will be covered in future updates to OurStarBlazers.com!

I'm going to be posting in a lot of the forums, so you'll see me around.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 pm

• Hello everyone. My name is Chris and I'm a long time Star Blazers fanatic, having watched the series on it's first go-round in the US here in Philadelphia, PA on Channel 29. I taped both series and still have them to this day on VHS cassettes.

My love for the Star Force led me into the history books while in elementary school and I have never looked back. I'm well-read on the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II as well as the United States Navy during the same period. I have fun spotting references to WW2 in all things Yamato, knowing full well that the creators and artists grew up during and after the war and all of that has influenced the series.

I also restore and road race an antique Japanese car in my spare time.

I'd like to thank Tim for all of his hard work over the years to keep the candle burning. Thanks Tim!
    Chris
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 pm

• Hi Darrin here from Rochester NY. I have been a Yamato fan since Star Blazers first aired in Buffalo NY on Channel 29 in the late 70's.

Watched the series through twice on TV and didn't see anything again for another 10 yrs. I didn't know about the rest of the Yamato works until I walked into a Comic Book store in the late 80's and they were going to show Final Yamato. Through the grainy image on the multiple gen copy of the film I was hooked again. It was all downhill from there....Harlock, Emeraldas, Galaxy Railways, etc...

I drive around with this on the back of my truck...I've even gotten a few arm across the chest salutes from drivers passing by over the last couple of years. My whole family know that I am a huge Anime geek, but they still love me.

Dirtweed
    Cadet

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:05 pm

• I will keep an eye out for your truck next time I'm traveling to the Finger Lakes region!
    Chris
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:19 pm

• The plan is to have one made with that see through reflective window film to cover the entire back window. I've also got plans for the new truck to have a Yamato Battle scene painted on the tailgate. :-)
    Dirtweed
    Cadet

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:44 pm

• I hope you can find a painter who is up to the task!
    Chris
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Next

Return to Third Bridge

Information