Are they going to remake The Comet Empire/Yamato 2?

Home of the FAQ. Got a question? See if it's answered here first. If not, Ask Analyzer!

• Are they going to remake The Comet Empire/Yamato II?

After the last episode of Yamato 2199 broadcast on September 29, 2013, a very short teaser was posted, showing a background of the Tarantula Nebula (home of the Salazar system and Garmillas and Iscandar), announcing a Space Battleship Yamato 2199 movie to be released in 2014, with new story and new characters. No other details were provided at this stage.

It's realistic to assume though that if they did go down the path of a remake of the second series, it would be like for like, a 26-episode series rather than a movie version.

This doesn’t mean that it has been ruled out, just that it hasn’t been announced. Supporting the current production is a good way to convince the powers that be that it’s a good idea though!
    Analyzer
    Analyzer

• Actually they just announced a new theatrical film.
    JohnStanowski
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

• They made a liar out of me after just one day! How dare they!? :D

Will get Analyzer to fix the post tonight.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

• If they do remake Yamato 2 Gatlantis / Comet Empire ,

Here is my Ultimate wish list for it:

1. Nana Mizuki as Teresa / Trelaina
    Reason being is if Kikuo Inoue was chosen as Starsha because of her role as Belldandy (Benevolent Goddess type) then Nana Mizuki could play Teresa because of her role of Moka Akashiya in Rosario+Vampire (Girl with hidden power that she's afraid to use)

2.Nimii intercepts Teresa's message but no one takes it seriously due to Nimii's career being stalled for her part in the Izumi plan mutiny in 2199. She's the only one able to decode it, so Brass thinks she's making it up to jumpstart her career. She contacts Sanada, then Sanada takes it to Kodai and the whole "Get the crew back together to face the new threat " plot is hatched.

3. The Space Marines they rescue should be a Gamilas squad, this serves 2 purposes, One it allows Melda to come back and be part of the crew, and it allows the Yamato to resupply at Gamilas Bases. This serves the purpose of not "Hand Waving" the whole mutiny thing away like they did in the original.

4. Princess Invidia takes over the Dessler role, As proof that she can be the next heir of the throne Zordar commands her to destroy the ship that defeated Gamilas. She then learns through their various encounters that there are things worth fighting for and goes away to forge her own destiny away from her father's influence.

5. Right before the final fight when they make an attack on the Comet Empire on Earth, I want Kodai to give the "I'm sending you on a suicide mission" speech. He's sending 2 of his best friends (Melda, Akira) someone he respects (Kato) so there needs to be some emotional impact here. If they stay true to the original on the Death count it could have some real emotional depth to it.
    Series5Ranger
    Crewperson 2nd Class

• Series5Ranger wrote:If they do remake Yamato 2 Gatlantis / Comet Empire ,

Here is my Ultimate wish list for it:

1. Nana Mizuki as Teresa / Trelaina
    Reason being is if Kikuo Inoue was chosen as Starsha because of her role as Belldandy (Benevolent Goddess type) then Nana Mizuki could play Teresa because of her role of Moka Akashiya in Rosario+Vampire (Girl with hidden power that she's afraid to use)

I'm more thinking Yumi Touma. Just my Ah! My Goddess fanboy running rampant, but what good is it having two thirds of the Norns there (Hisakawa Aya voiced Skuld in AMG and Kaoru in 2199 - picture Skuld and Banpei in the drill missile in Episode 20 instead of Kaoru and Analyzer!), and let's face it, Urd at her most powerful might not be quite as powerful as Teresa, but is still damn impressive. That said, she could voice Sabella (Invidia). On the other hand, I realistically see the role going to someone like Mamiko Noto, who in the past has been the seiyu of choice for the softly-spoken type of character.

Series5Ranger wrote:2.Nimii intercepts Teresa's message but no one takes it seriously due to Nimii's career being stalled for her part in the Izumi plan mutiny in 2199. She's the only one able to decode it, so Brass thinks she's making it up to jumpstart her career. She contacts Sanada, then Sanada takes it to Kodai and the whole "Get the crew back together to face the new threat " plot is hatched.

I like the idea, but that may not be the way Teresa gets into the story this time around. I don't want to go into spoiler territory in this thread, but anyone should feel free to start up a discussion thread over on the Second Bridge, which is the area for 2199 discussion. I have some ideas based on what I've seen in Chapter 7 to suggest things might pan out differently.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

Return to Third Bridge

Information