Who the heck are all these new characters in 2199?

Home of the FAQ. Got a question? See if it's answered here first. If not, Ask Analyzer!

• Who are Kaoru Niimi, Miazella Celestella, Yuria Misaki, Makoto Harada, Melda Deitz, and all these other characters I’ve never heard of? They weren’t in the original! Why is Akira Yamamoto a girl now? And why is Captain Gideon there?

The production staff have decided to expand the cast for this remake, to increase the female population aboard ship, and provide additional characters to put a new perspective on certain storylines that were previously involved the original lead characters. They have also increased the storyline surrounding the Gamilas Empire and have added characters there to advance those storylines.

For a full list of characters, visit the CosmoDNA Yamato 2199 Character Guide
    Analyzer
    Analyzer

• This was a very smart move on the creators part in my opinion it brings a lot more depth to the story and the universe!
    Philbob
    Crewperson 2nd Class

• Philbob wrote:This was a very smart move on the creators part in my opinion it brings a lot more depth to the story and the universe!

It certainly was a smart move. It gave the opportunity for viewers to be invested in more than one character, and with the way the story ended this time around, there's potential to bring most if not all of those surviving new characters back in some capacity were a Comet Empire remake to happen.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

Return to Third Bridge

Information