Spaceships of the Earth

Discuss Space Battleship Yamato 2199 plot, episodes, characters, and mecha here. ***Spoilers***
Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:50 am

• This topic is for ships and planes used by the planet Earth in Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

Except for Yamato herself I suppose. She warrents her own topic.

At this time we have basically three classes of warships seen used by the United Nations Cosmo Navy during the events of 2199 and those leading up to 2199. We do not know (at this time) if Earth has other ships for their war with Gamilus.

What we have seen are:

Kongo type battleships (specifically the Kirishima BBS-555)

Murasame type cruisers (several)

Isokaze type destroyers (many including the Yukikaze DDS-117)

In addition to this we have the fighter and support craft carried on Yamato:

Cosmo Zero space superiority fighter

Cosmo Falcon fighter

Comso Seagull transport craft

Type 100 recon craft

There may be other ships and craft added in the future, but for now, that is about it.
    Last edited by Ithekro on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:27 am

• Its highly likely they had other types of warships and auxiliaries as well that span from very primitive to improved versions of the Kirishima or Marusame with more modern weapons (shock cannons.) that would of probably started production after the Yamato's departure.
    Philbob
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 am

• Philbob wrote:Its highly likely they had other types of warships and auxiliaries as well that span from very primitive to improved versions of the Kirishima or Marusame with more modern weapons (shock cannons.) that would of probably started production after the Yamato's departure.

I highly doubt that given Earth's condition and the condition of its people that what resources they would have been able to access would have gone to building warships. The Izumo Plan had been abandoned in favour of the Yamato Plan - that alone suggests that they only had enough resources and manpower to build the one ship, otherwise they would have been building a second larger ship that was capable of carrying a sustainable population. After Yamato left, they'd be too busy trying to keep the surviving population alive in a situation where more important things like food were already becoming scarce (as Tokugawa's conversation with his family members quite explicitly stated was already a problem very early into Yamato's mission).

This is exactly why depending on what the CRS actually restored, I have my doubts that they could build a new fleet of ships as early as 2201 - even if all infrastructure was restored by the CRS, then it is still going to take a number of years to build a fleet of ships akin to those we would see in a remake of Yamato 2. Assuming the CRS only restored the natural world, they would be spending years rebuilding cities and infrastructure so that people could return to the surface. While they would start building new naval vessels, the various classes would only start with production of one or two examples of each class before those prototype ships went on shakedown cruises. Again you'd have an issue with resources to establish shipyards, sufficient numbers of skilled personnel, training, etc.

Aside from that, in order to build a working Wave Motion Engine (which would be required to power shock cannons), they would have had to have reverse engineered the Wave Motion Core, and considering that it arrived at the very most two days before the Yamato departed Earth with it, I would be skeptical that it would be able to have been reverse engineered in that time.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Return to Second Bridge

Information