First Poll!

Discuss Space Battleship Yamato 2199 plot, episodes, characters, and mecha here. ***Spoilers***

What from the original series should have been in 2199 but wasn't?

The Star Force Salute!
39%
The Asteroid Ring!
42%
Balanosaurus!
No votes
Desslok Mines!
3%
Analyzer/IQ-9's skirt-chasing!
6%
Wildstar and Venture duking it out!
6%
Gaping Plot Holes!
No votes
The native life on Pluto!
3%

Total votes : 31

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:37 pm

• I'm currently in-between big projects (just finished working on the revised edition of my first book) and would have some time to work on this before I start taking on other massive projects. So, the timing is right.
    August Ragone
    Crewperson 1st Class

Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:09 am

• Steve H wrote:
    Series5Ranger wrote:Sanada's Cybernetics, while subtly hinted at in 2199 was never shown that he actually had them.

Was there anything else other than his preference for concentrated food bars? That could simply be a case of 'knowing too much' about the OMHS food synthesis machinery. :)

Actually Kodai's reference that he's a "Computer Human", and the time the ship gets rocked and everyone in the briefing room Except Sanada and Analyzer are on the Floor
    Series5Ranger
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:06 am

• Series5Ranger wrote:
    Steve H wrote:
    Series5Ranger wrote:Sanada's Cybernetics, while subtly hinted at in 2199 was never shown that he actually had them.

Was there anything else other than his preference for concentrated food bars? That could simply be a case of 'knowing too much' about the OMHS food synthesis machinery. :)

Actually Kodai's reference that he's a "Computer Human", and the time the ship gets rocked and everyone in the briefing room Except Sanada and Analyzer are on the Floor

Ahhh, means nothing. I can't even tell you how many times I've been with people and something happens that takes everyone by surprise but not me, as I have as a personal mantra 'Pay Attention'. Sanada pays attention. Always. :)
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:41 pm

• The key to getting the 2199 project going is for someone to volunteer as the collator of information. I think it's totally fine for all participants to produce their own material, but a collator (I won't yet refer to them as an 'editor') needs to combine it all into a single document. It will need a synopsis as a spine, so the collator should produce that synopsis, even if it's just a list of scenes to be expanded upon.

The collator should also be someone whose schedule won't take them off the project for extended periods. That said, anyone who feels like starting to assemble notes should not wait around for a GO signal. Everything you produce will eventually get into the flow, and the flow will be improved if the collator is not waiting for material. In other words, this sort of project can only be done by those who are motivated, or it won't get done.

As the one who would compose and publish the finished piece, I'm OK with rendering the final draft.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Previous

Return to Second Bridge

Information