Spaceships of the Gamilus Empire

Discuss Space Battleship Yamato 2199 plot, episodes, characters, and mecha here. ***Spoilers***
Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:36 am

• DanGeorge wrote:
    Ithekro wrote:We know what the carriers at the Rainbow Cluster battle had onboard, though not all were used in combat.

The Green carrier had 57 fighters. Of which we see a little over 30 in formation.

The Purple carrier has 57 "dive" bombers. Of which we see that 50 are SMITEd to Yamato.

The Blue carrier has 36 torpedo bombers. Of which probably all are used, 18 per side of Yamato.

The Battle Carrier has just the heavy bomber. We saw its fate. One assumes that carrier can carry more than that but didn't for some reason.

There was also a recon plane out there, but no word which ship that was from.

I'm curious as to whether this was just multiple visual references on the total numbers, or there's source material identifying how many were aboard altogether.

Thanks to Steve H in his post about the Japan Hobby Show I can confirm the numbers above are used for the models' fighter count as well. Almost certain that this will be reflected in the Garmillas book... but I stand by my statement that these ships could accommodate many more planes than they actually did.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:22 pm

• Thanks for the credit, but t'wasn't me, was rayyorkie who posted the pics from the show. I am just a commenter. :)

But it IS an interesting question about the aircraft loadout for the carriers. Domeru seemed to have some limitations imposed on him and his plan, per the 'review the crews' scene. It may well be those carriers departed with a reduced complement.

OTOH let's remember that Izubuchi is striving for a more realistic show, and carriers need space for repairs, fuel, weapons, crew. The numbers discussed don't seem 'short' by that thinking.

But here's a thought. I think it's possible two of the carriers actually survived the battle. I know we saw two 'fall' into the 'ion storms' but I don't think that's an assurance they were then destroyed. Out of the battle for the nonce, yes.
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 am

• Great Mechanics DX issue 26 contained an interview with the writer of the Rainbow Cluster battle episode, and it includes a lot of info that is pertinent to this discussion. Look for it in the update coming Tuesday Oct 15.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:18 pm

• Dessler's new flagship is confirmed to be 634 meters long. Not quite as long as I suspected, but long enough to be imposing.
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm

• I'm presenty estimating that the Gamilas Empire lost approximately 8,000 ships due to Yamato.
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:10 am

• Ithekro wrote:I'm presenty estimating that the Gamilas Empire lost approximately 8,000 ships due to Yamato.

What percentage of those at Balun are you estimating were destroyed? There was still at least some ships there that survived, since they said the fleet would take 3 months to return to Garmillas.

In any case, that's an impressive kill count.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:21 pm

• While Goer is still on his way to Gamilas he reports leading 3,000 ships. If the fleet was 10,000 (perhaps more) that means at least 7,000 were destroyed at Balun. Then Yamato is responsible for the destruction of other Gamilas ships. The Pluto Base fleet was pretty much destroyed on the ground. Part of the Balun Base fleet was destroyed in the Dimentional Rift. Elements of Dommel's fleet was destroyed in their trap at the Pulsar. The Carrier Fleet was wiped out at the Rainbow Cluster, and the Imperial Guard ships were destroyed (though it can be debated on if Yamato is responcible for their destruction aside from the three carriers and some cruisers).

But aside from the ships at Balun, the Gamilus still lost a lot of ship to Yamato.
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Previous

Return to Second Bridge

Information